The Irish Archaeology Field School has a long track record of working with Study Abroad Departments to develop and successfully deliver unique cultural heritage courses (for example in archaeology, history, Irish studies, anthropology, etc.). Our programs inspire learning in our unique outdoor classroom, which includes some of the foremost research projects in Ireland. While our programs are typically two to four weeks in duration, they can be structured to meet the individual demands of your institution. We also regularly work with a range of Study Abroad Departments to place individual student(s) on one of our many established programs or internships. Whether your preference is for a bespoke program or individual placements we would be delighted to discuss your requirements and design a tailor-made solution for you and your students.
All Our Programs:
Are custom built specific to your requirements
to ensure students get to visit the most appropriate sites and organisations and gain access to leading experts and academics, which best complement their program of study
Have at their core a strong academic foundation
which is balanced by practical experiential learning in our fantastic ‘outdoor classroom’
Are centered around local communities
with whom we have long-standing and committed relationships
Are guaranteed to provide an engaging, welcoming and enriching cultural experience
We are the best equipped organisation to provide customised heritage themed study abroad programs in Ireland
- Our staff includes some of the foremost and experienced experts in the country from a variety of heritage sectors.
- We only work with a small number of core committed communities in Co. Wexford and Co. Offaly, helping to create an immediate sense of belonging for incoming institutions.
- Our host communities actively support our programs, frequently providing advice during program design – so you are guaranteed a warm welcome by a community that is eager to make your stay as enjoyable, productive and ‘homely’ as possible.
- We are committed to, and passionate about, what we do! Our model is built on successful partnerships with faculty, Study Abroad Departments and your Irish hosts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is usually included as part of the package?
- Placement on program led by a dedicated academic / industry leader
- Airport transfers
- Homestay accommodation and all meals
- All required facilities, laboratories, field stations, classrooms etc
- Field trips, workshops and lectures
- Welcome/project pack
- In-country orientation and welcome event
- Pre-departure advising and application assistance
- 24/7 in-country support team.
What else can be included on request?
- Health Insurance (if not already offered by the travelling institution)
- Additional extras (as requested by the institution)
What is not included?
- Airfare and spending money
How much do your customised programs cost?
All our programs are bespoke and cater individually for institutions based on their budget and desired length of stay. If you wish to discuss a customised program, please contact us for more information
How can we apply for a customised program?
Our customised programs can be arranged at any time throughout the year (although certain local partners and activities are only available at specific times). We individually match each institution to their most suitable locations and activities, so typically encourage interested individuals/institutions to make contact with us as soon as possible to start creating their program.