The IHS is pleased to announce it is opening a new research project in Ferns, Co. Wexford, commencing in June 2020. The excavation will be directed by Dr Linda Lynch and involves both a research excavation, field-school and other related research activities. To aid in the completion of this excavation we are advertising for a Site Supervisor to start on Monday 8th June 2020. The post be based in Ferns for a total of eight weeks. The duties of the roles will include supervision of a dig crew, archaeological recording, assisting the Site Director, dealing with the public, archaeological logistics etc.
Successful candidates will be expected to work Monday – Friday for the 8-week period from 8.30am – 4.45pm. The rate of pay will be €750 per week. Accommodation will be provided if required.
- A degree (or higher) in archaeology or cognate
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a site supervisor
- Post-excavation experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to work well in a team
- A proven ability to communicate archaeology, including to the general public
- Demonstrable experience in archaeological recording, photography, planning etc.
- Full/clean driving licence
- Safe pass and manual handling cert
- Experience in survey and use of a total station
- Experience of working in a field school environment
- Experience of teaching site skills
- Experience in bioarchaeology
For general queries and/or to apply for this post please email Dr Denis Shine (email@example.com). To apply please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter (not more than 1 A4 page). The application closing date is Friday 13th March 2020.