The IHS is pleased to announce it is expanding across a range of projects and locations, including expanding our offerings in our marque Digging the Lost Town of Carrig Project, Co. Wexford, commencing a new field school in Ferns, Co. Wexford, and opening a new heritage school in Birr, Co. Offaly. To assist in this significant expansion, we are advertising for a Post-ex and Logistical Supervisor, with an immediate start. The position will be based in our Birr office, but seasonal work at our Carrig Centre facilities in the Irish National Heritage Park, Co. Wexford is required as part of the post. In such instances, accommodation will be provided.
The duties of the role will be varied, as detailed below and explained in interview. The position requires someone who is familiar with all aspects of post-excavation and site management and is also passionate and practical about engaging with students and the general public on the subject of Irish heritage.
This position is available as either a full-time or part-time post. Successful candidates will be expected to work a minimum of 19.5 hours per week between the hours of 9-5, Monday – Friday, as such salary will be discussed on application/interview.
- A degree (or higher) in archaeology or cognate
- Significant experience working as a post-excavation supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- An ability to write, edit and present information and reports to a very high standard
- Adaptability and willingness to work in different areas/fields
- Willingness to move seasonally to accommodate the field-school season
- Full/clean driving licence
- Safe pass and manual handling cert
- Experience in survey and use of a total station
- Experience of working in a field school environment
- Experience of teaching site skills
For general queries and/or to apply for this post please email Dr Denis Shine (email@example.com). To apply please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter (not more than 1 A4 page). The application closing date is Friday 28th February 2020.