The IHS is pleased to announce it is opening a new school in Birr in summer 2020. To facilitate this significant expansion (and other new ventures) we are advertising for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator, with an immediate start. The position will be based in our Birr office, but travel and fieldwork will be required as part of the role. In such instances, accommodation will be provided.
The duties of the role will be varied, as detailed below and explained in interview. The position requires someone who is passionate and practical about engaging with students and the general public about Irish heritage, someone who can communicate effectively and can manage projects both within a team setting, as well as on their own initiative.
This position is available as either a full-time or part-time post. Successful candidates will be expected to work a minimum of 19.5 hours per week between the hours of 9-5, Monday – Friday, as such salary will be discussed on application/interview.
- A degree (or higher) in a heritage related or marketing discipline
- Experience of managing social media channels i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Suite or similar
- Experience with WordPress website maintenance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- An ability to write, edit and present information and reports to a very high standard
- Adaptability and willingness to work in different areas/fields
- Experience with Mailchimp, Newsletter, Blogging etc.
- Willingness to undertake international travel if required
- Full/clean driving licence
- Study abroad and/or heritage experience
For general queries and/or to apply for this post please email Dr Denis Shine (email@example.com). To apply please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter (not more than 1 A4 page). The application closing date is Friday 28th February 2020.