Students are directly involved in the leadership of running an archaeological and heritage site in Ferrycarrig, County Wexford, with fellow interns and the management team. You’ll be right in the heart of day-to-day operations; digging, rostering, doing logistical planning, site visit coordination, and liaising with the local community in outreach programs related to the site.
Alternatively you may choose to be based wholly or partly in the regional offices of the IAFS in Birr, County Offaly. Internship tasks here focus on site survey, archaeological and historical research and desk based activities and are well suited to individuals interested in a career in the Cultural Resource Management Sector. Staying with local families in homestay accommodation in both locations, this internship also offers a deeply enriching cultural immersion, guaranteeing interns a truly memorable experience.
- Course Dates: By appointment (please start you application a minimum of 12 weeks before your proposed start date)
- Where: Wexford and Birr
- Enrollment Status: Rolling
- Academic Credit: Credit available on request – weighted according to the duration of the internship
- Total Cost: 8-week program fee €5235; 10-week program fee: €6045; 12-week program fee: €6675. Fee includes all meals, accommodation, tuition, instruction, equipment and field trips. An additional application fee of €95 and a participant commitment fee of €500 are both applied which are non-refundable. A scholarship scheme is also available; please contact Learn International for further detail.
Course Type: Internship
Instructors: Dr. Denis Shine
- Apply through Learn International – click here