Building customised programmes and unique itineraries:
The Irish Archaeology Field School, under the auspice of the Irish Heritage School (IHS: see here), has a long track record working with a host of universities and faculty to develop and successfully deliver unique heritage related study abroad options, relating to unique natural and cultural heritage of Ireland. Our programs are typically two to four weeks in duration but are tailor made to meet the individual demands of your institution, so can be of any duration.
We have the expertise and experience to tailor make itineraries for faculty led programs, and to fulfil specific study abroad requirements.
All our programs offer an ‘unrivalled outdoor classroom’, coupled with an engaging, welcoming and enriching cultural experience and are:
- custom built specific to your requirements to ensure that participants get to visit the most appropriate sites and organisations and gain access to the leading experts and academics, which best complement their program of study;
- have at their core a strong academic foundation, which is balanced by practical experiential learning in our fantastic ‘outdoor classroom’;
- centred around local communities with whom we have long-standing and committed relationships – so you are guaranteed a warm welcome by a community that is eager to make your stay as enjoyable, productive and ‘homely’ as possible.
We believe we are the best equipped organisation in Ireland to provide heritage themed customised programs as:
- Our staff includes some of the foremost academics from a variety of heritage sectors in the country, with a wealth of experience in several different sectors;
- We only work with a small number of core committed communities in Co. Wexford and Co. Offaly, helping to create an immediate sense of community/belonging for incoming institutions;
- Our host communities are actively supportive of IHS, frequently providing advice during program design, and are eager to make your stay as productive and enjoyable as possible;
- We are committed to, and passionate about, what we do. Our model is built on partnership with faculty, study abroad departments and your Irish hosts.
To date we have built custom programs for a number of institutions, such as:
- Indiana State University, USA
- Saint Mary’s College Notre Dame, USA
- Ithaca College, USA
- SUNY Cortland, USA
- University of North Daktoa, USA
- University of Maryland, USA
- Ohio State University, USA
- The Institute of Field Research, USA
- Maynooth University, Ireland
- Learn International, Ireland
- Flinders University, Australia
- La Trobe University, Australia
For testimonials or for a better idea as to the range of programs we have previously provided see our parent company website.